Divine Retribution // Sporeggar EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeiger's Application

Go down

Yeiger's Application Empty Yeiger's Application

Post  Yeiger1 Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:39 am

Yeiger's Application

English skills: Well since I am born and bred here in England, I would say perfect, other than my Manchester Accent.

Character: Yeiger

Armory link: Maintenence at the time of post.
Class/Spec: Paladin - Protection / Holy
Protection - 0 / 59 / 12
Holy - 51 / 2 / 18

Days played:
20 Days 2 hours on Yeiger.

Raiding experience: I have experience of OS 10/25 as MT and OT, as well as Naxx 10/25 MT and OT.

Previous Guild and reason for leaving:
The Spartan. My reason for leaving The Spartan is that the guild was not actively raiding. If a raid was arranged then it would only be with 4 or 5 guild members, the rest were just people for the trade channel. I have been with this guild since I was level 60 and have found that the community is not very strong within, nor was it organised well. I feel that is time to move on to a more dedicated guild with which I can raid as much as possible in order to make the most of my beloved paladin.

Anyone you know from guild?
I have run heroics with Fóx many times, and I know Chubacka, who is currently going through an application at this time very well.

Whats your usual skill rotation in a raid environment?

Protection
Divine Plea up before Hand of Reckoning (Single Target) / Avenger's Shield (Multi Target) then as follows:

HotR, Concecrate, SotR, Holy Shield, HotR, Judgement, SotR, Concecrate etc...
(Otherwise known as the 69696 Rotation)

If the stiuation requires it, then I also use Righteous Defence, Hand of Salvation, Hammer of Wrath, Avenging Wrath and in extreme cases, Divine Sacrifice.

Devotion Aura, Blessing of Santuary, Righteous Fury, Seal of Vengence used.

Holy
Although I have neglected the use of my dual spec and concentrated on my Protection spec, I do have some experience in healing Heroic Instances. To be honest, I wouldn't say that Holy Paladins have a specific rotation, other than just before a fight. Here is how I work while Holy Specced.

Seconds before the tank pulls, I use Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield, then begin to use Divine Favour on myself, Flash of Light and Holy shock, rinse and repeat. Holy light used when the tank is significantly damaged, at around 60% HP.

When you're dirty dancing with Heigan the Unclean, who are you hugging?

Since 99% of the time I am tanking, i'm generally leading the group during the dance. Just before the fight i like to throw some White Flares which I have stockpiled in order to mark out the route for the dance stages for the other members of the team. Usually, I prefer to stick as close to the platform as possible as it makes it a less distant run from one of the four sections to the other, giving a fraction more time for the move.

What do you feel are the strengths and weaknesses of your class?

I feel that Protection Paladins, although sometimes out of favour to the druids or the warriors, make excellent tanks. They have an arsenal of multi target spells in order to keep threat on several targets, as well as having Righteous Fury, making them keep a high amount of threat at all times. In my honest opinion I love my paladin too much to point out too many flaws, but I do admit it has some, such as the fact that they dont have as much damage mitigation in general when compared to warriors nor do warriors have mana problems (obviously).

Do you like soup?

Damn right I do. Oxtail, Leek and Potato, Chicken, Lentil are all gorgeous. I have like 10 tins in my cupboard right now. Very Happy

P.S. I have used the username Yeiger1 when posting as I had registered before i had posted and have not been activated.

Yeiger1

Back to top Go down

Yeiger's Application Empty Re: Yeiger's Application

Post  Petey Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Another paladin affraid Just kidding. Nice to see you've made some efforts gemming your tank set but there are a couple of enchants missing like the shoulders for example, have you grinded sons of hodir rep? Also that green trinket could probably do with replacing theres a nice one in ToC normal you can farm The Black Heart i think its called. Gimme a poke in-game if you want someone to run it with you cos the dps one hasn't dropped for me in a billion attempts Mad Anyway good luck with the app one of the more responsible types will no doubt get back to you soon.

Petey

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeiger1 Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Cheers for the reply, yeah im trying to get a trinket as soon as possible, was thinking either the one from HoL for the extra defence boost, in order to change more of my gems around, or the one from ToC normal. At the moment im half was to exaulted with Sons of Hodir, and only got the shoulders yesterday night so havent been to get the lower enchant as of yet. Same applies to my wrists, got them both last night so i just socketed them for now. I may just give you a poke, i think id very much like the trinket from ToC Normal Smile

Yeiger1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 am

Hey Yeiger,

Sorry for being slow, just waiting for Pande to take a look at you to see what he thinks. I'll keep poking him, you'll have some feedback soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Yeiger1 Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:04 am

Hey, no problem Xani, i've seen Jaago from the guild a few times aswell which i forgot to mention, spoke to him about some gear upgrades which i've followed. I'm going to do some raid runs tomorrow (if i can) to hopefully get some more upgrades, and if luck is with me i can get into this great guild Smile

Yeiger1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:53 pm

Had a chat to the boss man and we think it's worth a trial, you're obviously committed to improving your character. Poke me in game on Xanathi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down