Divine Retribution // Sporeggar EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Holy Priest

4 posters

Go down

Application: Holy Priest Empty Application: Holy Priest

Post  Karanka Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:20 am

English skills: Prolly worse than most that learn my language, but its mostly through laziness to type.

Character: Karanka
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sporeggar&n=Karanka probably in my PVP gear i will try to log out in my pve gear for a while...
Class/Spec: Priest - Holy PVE and PVP
Days played: this character, 25days. But in total on other characters, well over a years worth of days played.
Raiding experience: Original wow: ZG, MC, BWL, AQ40/20, Naxx 40 | TBC: KZ, Grull... sod it i cant be asked to type all that, Ive done absolutely every boss in the game except Uldaur and the trails of the crusader, but i have enough brainpower to read up on tactics and enough experience of end game raiding to get me through.
Previous Guild and reason for leaving: Currently in revelation for no reason other than i knew RL friends there to talk to.
Anyone you know from guild? No i dont think i do, and if i dont know you, you shouldnt know me which can only be a good thing!

Whats your usual skill rotation in a raid environment? Couldnt really say exactly what i do at any given time, usually start by getting some PoMs bouncing round, renews on the tanks and possibly shields depending on their rage at the time or if its a paladin or DK that doesnt really matter. Obviously CoH would be used every CD as long as theres a reason to use it i.e the raid has taken damage. I would have my serendipity stacked to full just incase i need to get a life saving greater heal on a tank. Rinse and repeat...

When you're dirty dancing with Heigan the Unclean, who are you hugging? Noone, im about a yard in front of everyone due to lag.

What do you feel are the strengths and weaknesses of your class? Priests are very strong in many areas, their raid healing is brilliant, they arent a MT healer but can certainly take the pressure off the healers that are trying to keep the MT up, mana regen is brilliant, the new prayers are good. There is very little i can find that is weak about the priest, they can dispell everything but curses now with the new holy talent and they can stop and tank from dying with the guardian spirit. Maybe the weakness is that priests are a jack of all trades but master of non, i suppose.

Do you like soup? Not only do i like it but i can prepare pretty much any soup from scratch.. fuck yea!

Karanka

Back to top Go down

Application: Holy Priest Empty Re: Application: Holy Priest

Post  Mystro Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:55 am

Karanka wrote:Do you like soup? Not only do i like it but i can prepare pretty much any soup from scratch.. fuck yea!

Gets my vote.

On a serious note, great app, solid background. Unfortunately, I'm lacking on my priest knowledge atm.

Xani? Thoughts?

Mystro

Back to top Go down

Post  karanka Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:26 am

Actually to follow up on my spell rotation i would say: I have no intention of topping healing meters, i make sure im keeping up a good HPS but at the same time keeping my overhealing as low as possible meaning all my healing counts. If i can be middling the healing meters but have the least overhealing, ive done my job properly.

karanka

Back to top Go down

Post  Xiandar Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:40 am

liked it. I don't know too much about priests at 80, but I do intend to someday! Gear leaves a little to be desired, but healing gear is only as good as the person wearing it so I'm not goint to judge performance on that!
I think we lack priests on the whole currently so I hope you get a trial! And I hope I am there for your trial run!

Last edited by Xiandar on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xiandar

Back to top Go down

Post  Pandemonium Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:52 am

All in all the application seems perfect, but the lack of Ulduar background might be a prob.... But with all the past raiding experience shouldn't be a problem... As mentioned u should be a fast learner!
As Xiandar said, i am up for a trial run aswell!
Got my vote for a trial heroic/raid...whatever will show up first

Pandemonium
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Looks good from here, I'm firm believer that skill > gear, especially since it's faceroll to get for us now. Will have to take a look at your gear though in game. Would like to give him a go and see how he fairs. As for Ulduar, no reason we can't bring him along to learn bosses. After all how did we learn ourselves Razz

If he can follow tactics and adapt to situations he should be fine. Also feeling the love is important, we're a happy, huggy guild not just progress focused. We need to have fun with it and enjoy eachothers company so this is an incredibly important factor for me when I think about new people in the guild.

So yeah as panda says, get him in for a trial run where we can try get to know him some, playstyle as well as personality and we can see if we fit one another cheers

Last edited by Xani on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Application: Holy Priest Empty Very good.

Post  Tâsmar Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Karanka wrote:

When you're dirty dancing with Heigan the Unclean, who are you hugging? Noone, im about a yard in front of everyone due to lag.

Massive Vouch.
Tâsmar
Tâsmar
Admin

http://divine.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:24 pm

imo Tas, we'll have to see how bad his lag issues are befor juding that. Call it fair warning for now!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tâsmar Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:43 pm

Oh no no I meant it in a really good way. Best answer so far. Smile
Tâsmar
Tâsmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:47 pm

lol you sounded sarcastic!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tâsmar Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Naw ^^ I guess people who apply and bother to look at all replies show that they care somewhat...So here are my actual thoughts.

Imo this is always what should happen not because of your own lag (how small it may be) but the other characters added lag. Therefore it is best to time the lava and calculate the distance in between to always be on the right place and not rely on the tank which could essentially put you slightly behind and Splaatuh would happen...

So yeah best answer so far Smile Hence big vouch from me

Over and Out flower
Tâsmar
Tâsmar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down